Roche Legal is an award-winning boutique law firm based in York. We are a niche firm specialising in private client law, including wills, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection, probate, elderly client law and missing persons law. The firm has grown steadily since it was established in 2014 and we are committed to continuing to thrive as a firm in order to fully meet the needs of our clients.
2020 has been a challenging year for business. Like many other firms, we have changed the way we work in order to adapt. Though this has certainly been difficult at times, we have embraced it as an opportunity to take the firm to the next level in a new way.
We are looking for a bright, organised and flexible individual who is enthusiastic about being part of our business at such an exciting time. The right candidate should consider this a genuine opportunity to become a pivotal part of our team and progress their legal career.
We are looking for a ‘right hand’ person who is able to provide a confident and capable full-time presence in the Roche Legal office. In a boutique firm like ours, everyone needs to be willing to ‘muck in’ when required. The ideal candidate will have both administrative and legal responsibilities.
Administrative tasks will include:
- Data entry
- Managing incoming and outgoing post
- Greeting clients
- Answering the phone
- Taking payments
- General office duties
Legal tasks will include:
- Drafting legal letters and documents
- Ensuring due diligence and compliance are up to date
- Setting up new clients in the system
- Supporting solicitors with client work
- Keeping matters running smoothly and ensuring our clients are happy.
Essentially, this is a varied role which is likely to change and evolve over time. This is true in any small business and is even more so during such an unpredictable time period. This will be a demanding role with a lot of responsibility, but it’s also a real opportunity to shape your own role and help drive the future of the firm.
This role is for an individual who has completed their LPC or is embarking on a journey to becoming a legal executive. Previous experience in a private client firm is welcomed but not essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organised
- Have acute attention to detail
- Be capable of producing consistent high-quality work
- Have excellent client service skills
- Be self-motivated and able to effectively manage their time
- Be happy to get involved with all aspects of the firm
- Take real pride in their work
- Be ambitious both for themselves and for the firm
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile