Contract Length: Permanent full-time Location: York Office and/or WFH
Salary: Up to £25,000
Main Purpose of the Role:
We help our clients secure a legacy and achieve a better future for generations to come. We invite you to be part of our mission to change the face of private client law. Come learn and grow with us as we take Roche Legal to the next level following a period of strategic investment, planning and exciting growth. Now is the time to join us. This is an opportunity to be part of something special. Your ideas, input and work will be valued, appreciated and justly rewarded and we’ll all have some fun along the way!
Roche Legal is an award-winning boutique law firm based in York. We are a niche firm specialising in private client law, including wills, powers of attorney, Court of Protection, probate, elderly client law and missing persons law. We are a paperless office and continually work towards the reduction of our carbon footprint.
We love to help people learn and grow and you will be provided with a structured onboarding and career development plan to align with your individual professional and personal goals. We need a paralegal with experience in private client law, particularly wills, probate, administration of estates, lasting powers of attorney and Court of Protection. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand holding.
This is a full-time job (Mon-Fri) where office presence is preferred for at least part of the week, although remote working is offered. You may bring your dog to work, if you have one.
To apply, please send your one page CV under cover of a letter with no more than two paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in a paralegal in private client and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied for this position. As a closing sentence, please write “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions”.
Do not send your application through the website. Email your CV and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH Paralegal AWESOME].
We look forward to reviewing your application. Applications that do not follow instructions will not be considered.
This is a fee earning role. You will perform your legal work under the supervision of the Partners and other solicitors to whom you may be assigned. It is preferred that you have 5 or more years’ experience in a law firm and no fewer than 3 years working as a private client paralegal.
This is a summary of the main job responsibilities:
- Scanning, organising and dealing with incoming post and emails
- Setting up, organising files and taking the lead on files
- Scheduling consultations, meetings and events
- Filling out legal forms
- Drafting letters and legal documents
- Legal research and writing reports
- Answering the telephone and telephoning out to clients, the OPG, COP, legal and financial institutions etc.
- Dealing with clients in person and remotely
- Assisting the Office Manager with responding to new enquiries and onboarding clients
- Be the key point of contact for clients
- Other general legal support, as required
If the statements below appeal to you, then you may be our next paralegal:
- You are generally cheerful
- You are amazing at time management and know how to prioritise
- You have a valid driving licence and use of your own car
- You are very good with calendars, emails, spreadsheets, word processing and the internet
- Your middle name is “no drama”
- You can work on your own initiative and don’t need to be spoon fed routine tasks
- You can follow workflows and instructions
- You are a brilliant juggler of tasks and can change gear quickly
- You do not think scanning and photocopying are “beneath you”
- You want to be part of something and be integral to a team