Affidavit of Parental Consent – South Africa

We offer an Affidavit service to our clients. If you wish to take your child, or children, to South Africa without their other parent, then you must have this document with you when you travel.

What is an Affidavit of Parental Consent?

An Affidavit of Parental Consent is a legal document which allows one parent of a child to take that child out of the UK and into South Africa, without the presence of the second parent.

Roche Legal can help you to prepare, complete and correctly execute the form of Affidavit that is required for you and your child or children to travel to South Africa.

What other documents do I need?

You will need an un-abridged Certified Copy of each child’s Birth Certificate, as well as their passports.

What if my child’s other parent has died?

In this case, you will need to ensure you have with you a Certified Copy Death Certificate for your child’s second parent.

Get Started

For a fixed fee, we will prepare the Affidavit for you, witness yours and the second parent’s signatures to it, and advise you on the supporting documents you’ll need.

Do other countries require an Affidavit of Parental Consent?

Not all countries require extra documentation for you to be able to travel with your child or children, but it is commonly required for travel to South Africa as noted above, and into or out of the 26 countries in the Schengen Area.

We can help with the paperwork for any country that requires you to have an Affidavit or similar documentation in order to travel with your child or children.

If you have any concern about travelling with your child without their second parent, then often the consulate or embassy of the country you are travelling to will be able to advise you.

Need further assistance?

Our solicitors will always be happy to discuss your legal needs with you.

Contact us today