Home>Other Legal Services>Managing Affairs Service

Managing Affairs Service

Some elderly and vulnerable people find it difficult to keep on top of their personal and financial affairs. This may be due to health or memory problems, or can be due to not being familiar with new technologies.

Rated: Excellent

This aspect of care can also be hard for people who are responsible for elderly and vulnerable family members, as they may not have time to take on these additional responsibilities themselves.

Roche Legal offers a comprehensive managing affairs service to help make things simpler for everyone involved.

Who can use this service?

This service is primarily designed for elderly and vulnerable individuals and their families. However, we’re available to support anyone who feels they would benefit from our help in this way.

Many of the elderly and vulnerable clients we support have chosen to work with us directly. In other cases, we have been appointed by family members who need extra support with their caring responsibilities.

We can act in an official capacity if you have chosen to name Roche Legal as a professional attorney in a Lasting Power of Attorney document or if we have been appointed as a professional deputy in a Court of Protection order.

We can also support you in a more unofficial capacity if you are finding it difficult to manage your own affairs, or those of someone for whom you are an attorney or deputy.

clare presley

Discuss how we can manage your affairs today.

  • tailored, empathetic and expert guidance.
  • leading industry lawyers.
  • minimal stress.

  • transparent & fair fee.

Contact Clare today

What tasks can we take on?

Roche Legal can help with a wide range of tasks. These typically fall under the category of financial affairs, but we are also able to support our clients with tasks relating to health, property and other ‘life admin.’

This could include:

  • Managing bank accounts
  • Paying bills
  • Pension administration
  • Managing investments
  • Organising phone and utility contracts
  • Dealing with HMRC
  • Applying for and claiming benefits
  • Setting up and managing direct debits
  • Paying carers and household staff
  • Managing care home fees
  • Arranging motability vehicle purchases and other mobility home improvements
  • Booking travel and holidays

We also have experience of assisting clients and/or their families with a move into residential care, including working with other professionals to source a suitable care home, selling and clearing any property and all related tasks, and working with financial advisors to organise and simplify financial arrangements, and make appropriate investments to finance care home fees.

Rachel Roche

Discuss how we can manage your affairs today.

Contact Rachel Today

Talk to our team for managing affairs support

We have a great deal of experience working with elderly and vulnerable clients and our specialist solicitors are full accredited members of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).

Book a complimentary consultation

Why choose a specialist solicitor?

When choosing a professional to help manage your personal affairs, your priority will be to find someone you can trust completely. As qualified and regulated professionals, we believe Roche Legal is perfectly placed to offer a high-quality, confidential service with understanding, empathy and sensitivity.

Frequently Asked Questions

Our managing affairs service is completely built around the needs of our clients. We can work with you in whatever capacity you need, whether that’s completing regular tasks on your behalf or by offering support on a more ad hoc basis.
We take your trust very seriously and will take all possible precautions to protect your data and privacy. As a regulated legal firm, we have strict confidentiality procedures in place.

Most banks and organisations will allow you to nominate someone to manage your account on your behalf. This is often called a third party mandate arrangement. Though this can be a good solution in the short term, if you would like Roche Legal to manage accounts on your behalf long term, we’d usually recommend making an LPA.

No, you do not need to have an LPA or Court of Protection order to use this service. We are able to support elderly and vulnerable people, and their carers, in the majority of circumstances.
We would always recommend that an elderly or vulnerable person had an LPA in place to ensure their wishes would be known should they no longer have mental capacity. If a client was to lose capacity during the course of us working together, we would need the permission of their attorney or deputy in order to be able to continue.

Managing Affairs Service Charges

Our Managing Affairs Service is charge by the hour and invoice for all work completed on a monthly basis.

Our charges

Get the legal advice you need

Though it is possible to manage affairs yourself, things can get complicated. Many people choose to do this with the support of a solicitor.

Contact Our Team Today