Court of Protection

The Court of Protection offers a legal safety net for those who no longer have the mental capacity to manage on their own. This may be due to an illness such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, or it may be as a result of a developmental condition or brain injury.

If someone close to you has become unable to make important decisions for themselves, it may be time to step in. We can support you in making an application to the Court of Protection, whether you want to:

  • Apply to act as a Deputy
  • Ask Roche Legal to act as a Deputy
  • Apply for permission to make a specific decision
  • Request that a Statutory Will is made on behalf of someone who is no longer able to
  • Appeal against a decision a Deputy has made
  • Contest an application for Deputy made by someone else
  • Submit a rival application to become a Deputy

How we can help you with Court of Protection

Other Legal Advice

Start an Application for Deputy

If someone close to you is struggling to make decisions for themselves, the Court of Protection may be able to grant you the legal right to make decisions on their behalf.

Find Out More
Court of Protection

Get started with Statutory Wills

Unfortunately, not everyone makes a Will in time. In order to make a Will, an individual needs to be of sound mind. Learn more about what to do if someone close to you is no longer able to write a Will for themselves.

Find Out More
Trusts & Tax Planning

Contested Court of Protection

If you are involved in a disagreement about a Court of Protection application for Deputy, or if you have concerns about how the affairs of someone close to you are being managed, we can help.

Find Out More

Recent Client feedback

“Rachel proved to be a caring, listening professional friend in our time of need. I highly recommend Rachel for all your legal needs, especially those of a difficult or sensitive nature.”

Ian J, York

Need further assistance?

Our solicitors will always be happy to discuss your legal needs with you.

Contact us today