When visiting the Roche Legal website or contacting Roche Legal we will:
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality;
- Keep your personal details secure from unauthorised access, use or disclosure; and
- Not sell, rent, trade or otherwise knowingly share or provide your personal information to any third party except insofar as legally obliged to do so.
- Only use your information in accordance with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
The Roche Legal web server automatically collects standard information such as browser type, operating system, access times, etc.
Any information that is collected indirectly is used by Roche Legal only to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic towards, and usage of the Roche Legal websites and to develop the design and layout of the website.
Roche Legal may collect and store the following limited personal information:
What we collect:
- Information about your computer and your visits to our website;
- Information you provide to us by consent when signing up or subscribing to our newsletter or specific contact forms;
- Information you provide to us by consent when using any of our services on our website;
- Information you send to us through our website relating to any communication between you the user and us;
- Information that you provide when making a purchase or transaction on our website for any of our services, this includes, your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details;
- Any other information you would send to us as part of using our website or services.
Please note, telephone calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
The information you provide is voluntary, but if you disclose to us the personal information of any other, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
What we do with the information we gather
The personal information that you submit to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified within this policy or on the relevant web pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer and personalise our website and business for you;
- Enable you to use the services available on our website;
- Send you marketing and non-marketing communications;
- Send you emails that you have requested, or that are automatically sent by an action you undertook on our website;
- Send you any email marketing or newsletter, if you have consented. You can either unsubscribe from this or contact us at any time if you do not want to be sent these communications;
- Send you normal or marketing communications relating to our business, that may be of interest to you, this can be via post or any other technology that you the user has agreed to. You can contact us at any time if you do not want to receive these communications;
- Provide third parties with analytical or statistical information about our website use or users. These third parties will not be able to identify any individual from that data;
- Complete any enquiries made by your, or any complaints you the user may have with our website;
- Prevent fraud and keep our website secure at all times.
Controlling your personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; or
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable, technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Storage of any personal information you provide will be on our secure internal network which is secured by a password and firewall.
You the user will acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is and can be inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Roche Legal can provide you with a copy of any information that Roche Legal maintains about you writing to us via our registered office address.
You can contact us to update any personal information we hold about you at any time.
This website contains hypertext links to external websites. Roche Legal is not responsible for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.